Monday, February 15, 2010

Malt Man

So I admit that I call every guy that I go out with a "kid", and usually the median age of those I date is around 33. However when you meet someone in a dimly lit bar, it's hard to tell. So when I originally met Malt Man age was difficult to determine. He was with a group of guys and the bar was scarce. My friend and I approached them and started the introductions. Shortly after we walked away. A few minutes later, I walked past the table of young gentleman and Malt Man shouted "Jen come back here and keep entertaining us" Who was I to say no?
A few jokes later phone numbers were exchanged. A few weeks later a text message was received and a date was arranged. Originally MM had wanted to grab a drink, but after I reminded him that I don't consume alcoholic beverages he threw out "I want to buy you a malt"
Who was I to say no?
Met MM at a restaurant in town specializing in malts and when he arrived, he looked different then I remembered. By different I mean short and young. Turns out he is 22, fresh out of college! WHA? Turns out he lives with his grandma. WHA? Turns out his favorite past time is tending to his garden. WHA? Turns out I needed to leave right after I finished my malt.

3 comments:

  1. And the fact that he even suggested Malts should have let me know how young he was. The more you know!

    ReplyDelete